Email Application Setup – Outlook
This article shows you how to set up your tunnel email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac.
1. Open Outlook 2016 from your Launchpad.
2. If you’ve never used Outlook before, you’ll be prompted to
- Click the Add Account button to go to the Accounts page.
- Then, click the option for Other Email under Add An Account.
3. If you’ve already set up Outlook before, go to the Tools menu at the top of your Outlook window.
- Click the Accounts button on the left side.
- At the bottom left of the Accounts page, click on the plus (+) sign and select Other Email.
Manual Account Setup
Private (with SSL) Configuration
Enter the following information to configure Outlook using Private (with SSL) settings:
1. Email Address: Enter your full email address
2. Password: Enter your email password
3. User Name: Enter your full email address again
4. Type: Click the drop-down menu and select IMAP
5. Mail Servers: pmtp.tunnel.com
6. SSL: Check the Use SSL to Connect boxes for the Incoming Server and Outgoing Server.
7. Finally, click Add Account.
8. Find below the account setup image for reference.
At this point, Outlook will configure your mail client by testing your settings to ensure it works properly. Your email account is now set up in Outlook.