Email Application Setup – Mozilla Thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might vary. However, the steps should be the same across platforms. Thunderbird is a free E-mail client and can be downloaded from mozilla.com/thunderbird.
1. Select Email under the Create a New Account icon.
2. Enter your Name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing mail messages.
3. Enter your Full Email address ex: [email protected]
4. Your domain will be given by your domain admin
ex: for Smith corporation , the domain could be smithcorp.
So your domain would be [email protected]
5. Enter your Email password
6. Click the Continue button
7. Thunderbird will now attempt to setup the account automatically. It will create an IMAP account and will not use SSL.
8. Once the automatic setup has completed click Manual Config.
9. Use below configuration for manual configuration.
Use Below setting for manual configuration:
10. For the incoming and outgoing server enter yourdomain.tunnel.com replace yourdomain with your domain name.
11. Enter your entire email address as the User Name for both incoming and outgoing.
12. Click Retest
13. Click Done.
14. If you are prompted with a security warning select permanently store this exception. Then click Confirm Security Exception.