Email Application Setup – Android device
This article will show you how to set up email on the Gmail app for the Android OS.
Add a New Email Account
1. Open the Gmail app and click on the round circle on top right, Which has your profile photo or Name initial.
2. Tap on Add another account.
3. Tap other
4. Enter your full email address and tap Next.
Change [email protected] to your email address
5. Choose IMAP as account type.
6. Enter the password for your email address and tap Next.
Incoming Server Settings
1. Username: Enter your full email address
2. Password: Enter the password for your email account
3. Server: Enter pmtp.tunnel.com
4. Port and Security Type:
- Secure – Port: 993 and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
5. Once the settings are entered, tap Next.
6. Now server will validate the Incoming server settings
Outgoing Server Settings
1. Select Require Sign-In.
2. Username: Enter your full email address
3. Password: Enter the password for your email account
4. Server: Enterpmtp.tunnel.com
5. Once the settings are entered, tap Next. App will validate outgoing server settings.
6. If it says “Email security not guaranteed”, Click on EDIT SETTINGS
7. Enter Port : 587
8. Security type: STARTTLS (accept all certificates)
9. Tap Next
1. Email Checking Frequency: Set how often you would like your device to check for new emails.
Note: The more regularly your device checks for new emails the more it drains your battery.
2. Notify me when email arrives: Leave this checked if you would like to be notified of new emails.
3. Sync email from this account: Leave this checked if you want email to be checked automatically.
4. Tap Next and your account will be installed on android device.